Ok, so here is my blog!

I am writing this blog because I want to understand myself better as a person. I want to show both you and me some of the challanges I had in my life and these past years of studying abroad in England when being Swedish.

I hope that my thoughts and comments can help you in any way if you have had challanges and want to try to understand what you have learnt from them.

I reflect upon experiences and trying to understand what I have learnt from them because I believe everything happens for a reason, I often feel the need to find it when I need to deal with something difficult.

Hope this can help you get some insight and encouragement when you have challenges and if not, hopefully you enjoyed reading it anyway

xx
Rebecca

Wednesday 2 March 2011

Conflict managing

I believe that this assignment had the purpose to get to know myself. I think that I am a person that needs to know who I am in order to be confident. I believe I have a dominant personality around the people I feel comfortable with and less dominant around the people I do not know. It takes me a while to get comfortable around people. I think it is because I need to learn how they react and act in different situations. Some people are really easy to get to know and some are harder. That probably depends on the situation as well. That’s the thing with people. They change and they act differently from situation to situation. And that is fine. But that makes me evaluate and step back and then take my place when I feel comfortable. This may be a less good trait within a work place as establishing yourself in a new environment can be argued to be quite important I guess. But I don’t know I think I need to become more confident within the work environment but I think I’m not because I don’t feel 100 % confident that I can do the job. I want reassurance and I need to take things slow at first because I am so afraid of doing a mistake. I really hope my job will consider that I am new and I don’t know everything. I need guidance and a support system which I realise is much to ask from a work place. But as long as they are open and understanding and willing to answer questions I will be fine. It will take a month or so in order for me to become 100 % confident but I hope they will deal with it.
I am kind of scared going off to work. I keep thinking ‘What If’. That’s one thing I do quite often and I know I need to change that.
The thing is, I am very objective about myself and infected situations often. I am looking upon the problem with not too many feelings. I do however consider other feelings and their need to be understood. I try to be objective to get the best result in a conflict. I try to understand where the other person comes from. I like to think I am fair and I believe that this is a very good trait to have as a manager. I think that if I know the field and feel comfortable enough I would be a great manager because I have the objectiveness and also I consider myself fair and straight forward as well. I think this is because my background ,where I have had many conflicts as a child with my family and this have thought me to deal with conflicts in a good and sensible way. I have had to put forward arguments and I have had to listen. Probably because my mother is a special needs teacher, she has those interactive skills which I have gotten from her. So this time I can say I actually am happy I am like my mother.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment