Ok, so here is my blog!

I am writing this blog because I want to understand myself better as a person. I want to show both you and me some of the challanges I had in my life and these past years of studying abroad in England when being Swedish.

I hope that my thoughts and comments can help you in any way if you have had challanges and want to try to understand what you have learnt from them.

I reflect upon experiences and trying to understand what I have learnt from them because I believe everything happens for a reason, I often feel the need to find it when I need to deal with something difficult.

Hope this can help you get some insight and encouragement when you have challenges and if not, hopefully you enjoyed reading it anyway

xx
Rebecca

Wednesday 16 February 2011

Suddenly Im Swedish

Before I came to England I did not want to identify myself with Sweden that much. all my life I have said I live in Sweden but I am born in England. I have always said to myself that I am a little English, BUT since I came here to study I have suddenly become Swedish, its my identity and it is who I am. Whether or not I like it I compare to Sweden and I am compared to the English here. I am proud of being Swedish most times but I am almost more proud that I know and understand the British culture because even if the two countries are close they are very different. There are significant differences between the two countries such as how they talk to people. Here it is very brutal and harsh sometimes (and I thought British people were polite. Polite should be their surname).

But I still LOVE England...sometimes....sometimes I just really miss Sweden. Sometimes (and yes I am making a harsh statement now but it has to be said) I think that England is a rich Developing Country in the way they handle things and how their systems work such as the medical system and other things. Sorry...

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment