Ok, so here is my blog!

I am writing this blog because I want to understand myself better as a person. I want to show both you and me some of the challanges I had in my life and these past years of studying abroad in England when being Swedish.

I hope that my thoughts and comments can help you in any way if you have had challanges and want to try to understand what you have learnt from them.

I reflect upon experiences and trying to understand what I have learnt from them because I believe everything happens for a reason, I often feel the need to find it when I need to deal with something difficult.

Hope this can help you get some insight and encouragement when you have challenges and if not, hopefully you enjoyed reading it anyway

xx
Rebecca

Monday 7 February 2011

This is my story

Ok, this is my story...

When I planned to go to uni here in England I was single. In the autumn I met a boy (as in all stories, right). This boy swept me off my feet, at least I thought that then. We had a great year with lots of love before I left for England. He was great about me going and we were still together. This boy made me so happy because he swallowed my love and I loved that. But just be safe, I have to tell you that it is far from being a fairytale. When in love my mind fogged. I think that everybody feel that though. Well, anyway I loved this guy. I loved him so much all his flaws became something I loved. I thought that made the love special. He was my first love. WAS being the key word here.

Yes, this summer when I came home to Sweden early for summer he broke up with me. I was devastated. I actually got physical pain inside me. I was really hurt and it has taken all summer and all autumn to get over it, if I am over it. I don’t know. Sometimes I think I am but then I rewind the time and think too much and I’m there again. That is my biggest flaw I think....that I think to much. Someone said to me once, or actually more than once, that I need to chill and not be so uptight. Maybe the person is right but I don’t know. Its just who I am.

Anyway, back to the heart break. Funnily enough I had the best summer of my life so far. I had two work experiences; I had lots of parties and dinners which I love to host and be a part of. I worked and I did all the fun stuff I wanted to. I realised I wasn’t depending on someone any longer. No, let me rephrase that! I wasn’t depending on someone who always let me down. I think my dream is being the perfect couple and having someone I am proud of having and being someone’s girlfriend, I know it sounds really corny (I think I watched too many Hollywood films). The thing is I never had that, not for real. It only existed in my mind. Because he never was there on the dinners and parties. I always got disappointed. I’ll let you in on a secret. We were together for three years almost. That means that we were together for three new year’s eves, but the funny thing is...I have never had a new year’s kiss (my drama queen and fairytale thought again). How bad is that? Been with a guy for three years and never got a kiss on new year’s. The funny part is now that we are not together he quit his job which made him 'miss' all the important events. I think for me I want to show my love to others. I’ve read somewhere that some people don’t think that love exists if they don’t talk about it or show it. I might be that person...

Anyway I think that this break up thought me something very important. I have become more aware of me and what I want and what I need and how I react to situations. That is a good lesson, it must be. So if I am going to look on the bright side, a Swedish saying works well here...tur i oturen. Luck in unluck it means. But i guess its better so say that there is always a silver lining....Im trying to see it and focus on it. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t work...but hey that’s life.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment